PYI 1000 Hour Yoga Therapy Certification
IAYT Yoga Therapy Letter of Intent for New York's Prema Yoga Institute
It’s begun! IAYT has accepted Prema Yoga Institute’s initial materials for full accreditation as an IAYT Yoga Therapy Training School. This application process will take 5 months to complete, and additional time for review. Our promising start means great news for previous, current, and future PYI students:
- PYI intends to honor all completed hours in current and prior trainings. We will offer an opportunity to audit updated courses when needed.
- Should you wish to be certified with IAYT, expect to complete 800 hours of training AND 200 hours of guided Practicum – which can include paid hours in your private practice!
- PYI is expanding with 200+ hours of online content, including a Yoga for Osteoporosis Certification with Dr. Loren Fishman, and a 3-part Embodied Philosophy course with Jacob Kyle.
- PYI continues to expand its scholarship program through work study and placement programs with our partners at Kula for Karma.
- As we expand to exceed the international criteria for Yoga Therapist certification, PYI will continue to be the most affordable Yoga Therapy training in the Northeast.
- Our modular enrollment process makes it possible to pay as you go, and join when ready.
Thanks to all the students who have been taking this incredible journey with us – with grads working at Mt. Sinai Hospital, NYU Hospital, Bellevue Hospital, ICahn School of Medicine, The Oscar Center, and at studios and wellness centers across the Northeast, we are thrilled to see what the next graduating class will do.
Be sure to check out the trainings below. They are required for graduation, and spots are limited!
“Yoga for Positive Body Image” September 23 -24, Prema students get a $50 discount!
“Yoga in Healthcare” October 6 – 29 with Dr. Loren Fishman, Dr. Chris Walling and more.
Looking to compliment your health practice with Yoga Therapy, to work with imbalances comprehensively, and to embark on an innovative career? Our Yoga Therapy Certification prepares you to interface with other health and wellness professionals, and to empower your clients to take part in their healing.
CORE REQUIRED COURSES
PYI Yoga Therapeutics Essentials – 100 Hrs
PYI Ayurvedic Yoga Training – 100 Hrs
PYI Yoga in Healthcare Training – 100 Hrs
PYI Functional Anatomy – 100 Hrs
PYI Advanced Yoga Therapy – 100 Hrs
PYI Integration Hours (Online) – 50 Hrs
PYI Yoga Sound Therapy 1 – 25 Hrs
PYI Embodied Philosophy (Online) – 75 Hrs
TOTAL hours FOR CORE PROGRAMMING – 650 HRS
ADDITIONAL THERAPEUTIC Immersion COURSEs
Yoga for Positive Body Image – 25 Hrs
PYI Sound Therapy 2 – 25 Hrs
Yoga Therapy for Cardiac Care – 25 Hrs
Yoga Therapy for Trauma – 25 Hrs
Yoga Therapy for Oncology – 25 Hrs
TOTAL hours FOR IMMERSION PROGRAMMING – 100 HRS
PYI Core Practicum: Case Studies – 100 Hrs
2 Mentored Practicum Courses – 150 hrs total
TOTAL HOURS FOR PRACTICUM COURSES – 250 HRS
Minimum total – 1000 hours
Up to 160 transfer hours may be applied to Anatomy, philosophy, and as therapeutic specialty credits only.