Yoga Therapy Certification
Looking to compliment your health practice with Yoga Therapy, to work with imbalances comprehensively, and to embark on an innovative career? Our Yoga Therapy Certification prepares you to interface with other health and wellness professionals, and to empower your clients to take part in their healing.
CORE REQUIRED COURSES
Prerequisite: 200RYT in the Krishnamacharya tradition or 200RYT + 25 hour PYI Bridge Program
PYI Yoga Therapeutics Essentials – 100 Hrs
PYI Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Training – 100 Hrs
PYI Yoga in Healthcare Training – 100 Hrs
Next course: October 5th-28th at Pure West
(click link & scroll down)
= 300 hours & and RYT500 Yoga Teacher
Certificate at Pure Yoga
PYI Applied Functional Anatomy (Online) – 25 Hrs
Next Course: January 8 - March 12, 2019
Tuesday evening online 7-9p EST
PYI Advanced Yoga Therapy (Residential/Online) – 100 Hrs
Tentative: Spring 2019
PYI Yoga Therapy for Back Pain – 25 Hrs
Next Course: November 2-4, 2018
PYI Yoga Sound Therapy 1 – 25 Hrs
PYI Embodied Philosophy (Online) – 75 Hrs
TOTAL hours FOR CORE PROGRAMMING – 600 HRS
ADDITIONAL THERAPEUTIC Immersion COURSEs
PYI Sound Therapy 2 – 25 Hrs
PYI Yoga Therapy for Cardiac Care – 25 Hrs
PYI Yoga Therapy for Trauma – 25 Hrs
PYI Yoga Therapy for Oncology – 25 Hrs
TOTAL hours FOR IMMERSION PROGRAMMING – 75 HRS
PYI Core Practicum: Case Studies – 75 Hrs
PYI 2 Mentored Practicum Courses – 150 Hrs Total
TOTAL HOURS FOR PRACTICUM COURSES – 225 HRS
Minimum total – 900 hours
Up to 275 transfer hours may be applied to Anatomy, philosophy, and as therapeutic specialty credits only for health care professionals and yoga teachers with preexisting yoga therapy training. To receive transfer hours, please submit proof of credit (certificates and transcripts or syllabi) at the time of application for review. There is an administrative fee of $80 due for 100 or less transfer credits, and $160 for more than 100.
IAYT Yoga Therapy Letter of Intent for New York's Prema Yoga Institute
It’s begun! IAYT has accepted Prema Yoga Institute’s initial materials for full accreditation as an IAYT Yoga Therapy Training School. Our promising start means great news for previous, current, and future PYI students:
- PYI intends to honor all completed hours in current and prior trainings. We will offer an opportunity to audit updated courses when needed.
- Should you wish to be certified, expect to complete approximately 900 hours of didactic and Practicum learning – which can include paid hours in your private practice!
- PYI is expanding with 200+ hours of online content, including a Yoga for Osteoporosis Certification with Dr. Loren Fishman, and a 3-part Embodied Philosophy course with Jacob Kyle.
- PYI continues to expand its scholarship program through work study and placement programs with our partners at Kula for Karma.
- As we expand to exceed the international criteria for Yoga Therapist certification, PYI will continue to be the most affordable Yoga Therapy training in the Northeast.
- Our modular enrollment process makes it possible to pay as you go.
Thanks to all the students who have been taking this incredible journey with us – with grads working at Mt. Sinai Hospital, NYU Hospital, Bellevue Hospital, ICahn School of Medicine, The Oscar Center, and at studios and wellness centers across the Northeast, we are thrilled to see what the next graduating class will do.