Integrate Yoga Therapy Into Your Medical Practice
Looking to integrate yoga into your medical or wellness practice?
Prema Yoga Institute’s Yoga Therapist Certification is New York’s premiere yoga therapy program. Our faculty includes leading integrative doctors, psychologists and yoga therapists from New York City’s hospitals and clinics - intelligently combining cutting-edge yoga research with classical Hatha and Ayurveda wellness techniques.
Our mission is to educate and train compassionate, professional yoga therapists to provide yoga therapy in an accessible, individualized manner to those who need it most, while collaborating effectively with health care providers.
PYI’s upcoming Yoga in Healthcare training teaches how the movement and meditation techniques of yoga can powerfully compliment Western medical care.
In this comprehensive training, you’ll learn:
– Yoga postures to address common ailments, including back pain, Rotator Cuff Syndrome, and Osteoporosis
– How yoga helps mental and emotional imbalances, from chronic pain and auto-immune diseases to PTSD
– Effective techniques to improve anxiety, depression, manage stress and avoid burnout
– Tools to manage and prevent an array of conditions, such as cancer and heart disease
– Yoga Nidra, breathing and mindfulness exercises, coaching tactics, and safe, beneficial movement
This 100 hour course qualifies toward your 300 hr. Advanced Teacher Training Certification through Pure Yoga, and applies toward the 2 year PYI Yoga Therapist Certification.
At the heart of our mission, the Yoga Therapy Program prepares a yoga therapist to care for clients of all ages, abilities, and walks of life. Graduating Yoga Therapists provide yoga therapy to clients in inpatient settings, small group settings, clinics, in private practice, and more.