Become a Certified Yoga Therapist
Looking to advance your teaching and distinguish yourself amongst other yoga teachers?
Based on research from the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, 59 million Americans are seeking alternative practices to supplement traditional Western healthcare. That means MILLIONS of people — your future students, many of whom may never have stepped inside a yoga studio — are open to discovering the benefits that yoga can bring to their physical, mental, and emotional health.
Join us at Prema Yoga Institute - New York's premiere yoga therapy school - to expand your teaching knowledge, whether you wish to become a yoga therapist or simply learn new skills.
PYI’s upcoming Yoga in Healthcare training teaches how the movement and meditation techniques of yoga can powerfully compliment Western medical care.
In this comprehensive training, you’ll learn:
– Yoga postures to address common ailments, including back pain, Rotator Cuff Syndrome, and Osteoporosis
– How yoga helps mental and emotional imbalances, from chronic pain and auto-immune diseases to PTSD
– Effective techniques to improve anxiety, depression, manage stress and avoid burnout
– Tools to manage and prevent an array of conditions, such as cancer and heart disease
– Yoga Nidra, breathing and mindfulness exercises, coaching tactics, and safe, beneficial movement
Train with experts in their fields — Dr. Loren Fishman, MD, Dr. Chris Walling, Somatic Psychologist, and Dana Slamp, Yoga Therapist and PYI Program Director.
This 100 hour course qualifies toward your 300 hr. Advanced Teacher Training Certification through Pure Yoga, and applies toward the 2 year PYI Yoga Therapist Certification.